On July 2nd 2012, Pelion S.A. joined the Global Compact community, comprising over 9,000 socially responsible corporations as well as international labour and non-governmental organisations from all over the world, whose role is to implement projects strongly contributing to social development.
The principles promoted by Global Compact include:
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
2. Businesses should make sure they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association.
4. Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
5. Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labour.
6. Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
8. Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
9. Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.